1 . The children ..... at school.
a . are b . their c . they're
2 . Which phrase is correct?
a . She does watches TV every day. b . She watches TV every day. c . She watchs TV every day
3. Excuse me, ...... to Manchester?
a . does this train go b . this train goes c . is this train go
4. You can call from here. ............ a phone on the table
a . There are b . There is c . Is there
5. Tina’s house is very large, ......... got six bedrooms.
a . it does b . it is c . it’s
6. Which phrase is correct?
a . They eat never chocolate b . They never eat chocolate c . They don’t never eat chocolate.
7. Katie and Helen ........ tired yesterday.
a . did be b . were c . are
8. Pay attention, Phillip! ...........?
a . Do you listen b . Are you listening c . You are listening
9. Which phrase is correct?
a . He’s studied yesterday. b . He studyed yesterday. c . He studied yesterday.
10. My sister ........
a . is older than you b . is old as you c . is oldest than you
11. Yesterday, ..............
a . she’s had lunch with her mum. b . she did lunched with her mum. c . she had lunch with her mum
12. Which question is correct?
a . How did you get here? b . How you got here? c . How did you got here?
13. Which phrase is correct?
a . Our team didn’t win. b . Our team didn’t won. c . Our team didn’t winned.
14. What are you doing this summer? Any plans?
a . I will rest! b . I’m going to rest! c . I can rest!
15. How much ..........?
a . people are coming to the party b . eggs are in the fridge? c . money do you have with you?
16. Sorry, I haven’t got ....... coffee.
a . some b . any c . none
17. James, ........ your homework! We need to leave soon.
a . do b . make c . have
18. Choose the correct question.
a . Have you ever spoken to Jessica? b . Have you spoken never to Jessica? c . Have you spoken to Jessica ever
19. I have lived in Rome ............
a . for 5 years b . 5 years ago c . since 5 years
20. If you take this medicine, you ......... better.
a . would feel b . will feel c . could feel
21. .......... Now they live in Madrid.
a . They are used to live in London b . They used to live in London c . They use to live in London
22. If I want to pass my exam, I ........ study harder.
a . will have to b . could have to c . would have to
23. While I was walking to work, I realized I ......... my wallet at home.
a . left b . have left c . had left
24. Bill ....... last week at the new barber’s down the road.
a . had his hair cut b . had cut his hair c . got cut his hair
25. If we ......... the lottery, we could move to the Bahamas.
a . won b . would win c . will win
26. I wish ........., I was so embarrassed.
a . you haven’t said that b . you hadn’t said that c . you didn’t say that
27. That guy, ........ we met at the beach, is my brother’s best-friend.
a . which b . whom c . who
28. Phone rings. “Please excuse me, I am expecting a call from my boss right now. That ........ be her.”
a . must b . could c . can’t
29. As children, we were ........... to respect our elders.
a . grown up b . raised up c . brought up
30. Let’s stop ........., I need a break!
a . to study b . studying c . for studying
31. The judge asked the witness ......... give him more information.
a . whether she can b . if she could c . could she
32. I’m looking forward .......... to Thailand next month.
a . to go b . to going c . going
33. ............ here for hours. I’m not waiting for them anymore!
a . I’ve been standing b . I’ve stood c . I’m standing
34. Which phrase is correct?
a . We are use to taking the train. b . We getting used to taking the train. c . We are used to taking the train.
35. I thought you spoke German. You can speak it, ..........?
a . couldn’t you b . don’t you c . can’t you
36. Strictly in your opinion, where do you see the economy going next year?
a . I think it is improving next year. b . I think it will improve next year. c . I think it is going to improve next year.
37. You went to so much trouble with the surprise party, ...........
a . you didn’t have to b . you mustn’t have c . you needn’t have
38. Next December, I ............ here for exactly 20 years!
a . will have been working b . will be working c . will work
39. They have seen a ......... increase in sales in the last quarter.
a . sharp b . big c . strong
40. I really recommend this book, I loved it! ..........
a . You ought read it b . You must read it c . You had better read it
41. In the end, you’ll probably be ......... by the price of this new car, a cool £125,000.
a . missed out b . put off c . hit upon
42. How do you account for the manager’s fiery ........ yesterday afternoon?
a . output b . outburst c . outcry
43. After the exquisite meal, we .......... over our cake and coffee for an hour or so.
a . lounged b . loitered c . lingered
44. The next time he puts you down in front of your colleagues you really ought to ............ him.
a . go through with b . stand in for c . stand up to
45. I know my German teacher doesn’t like me, I think she ......... me.
a . hits it off with b . falls out with c . has it in for
46. I don’t mind wearing my older brother’s ...........
a . pick-me ups b . turn me downs c . hand me downs
47. This guide book is ............ useless.
a . oddly b . utterly c . remotely
48. The outbreak of violence served as a ........ reminder of how fragile the peace was.
a . stark b . blind c . bound
49. We decided to celebrate our anniversary by going out and painting the town .............
a . gold b . pink c . red
50. At the moment there is no ........... of the Prime Minister resigning.
a . likelihood b . means c . matter
Ho letto l'informativa sulla privacy e autorizzo il trattamento dei miei dati personali per le finalità ivi indicate.
Iscrivimi alla newsletter e acconsento al trattamento dei dati in base a quanto descritto nell' l'informativa sulla privacy
Per avere il risultato del test scritto e programmare il test orale, contattaci: